MULTIPURPOSE RUBBER COATING
Plasti Dip is an air-dry, specialty rubber coating. In fact, it’s the original peelable, flexible, insulating, non-slip, durable rubber coating. The Plasti Dip product line provides a wide range of coating solutions from automotive customization to home improvement. With over 50 colours and enhancers of Plasti Dip, the possibilities are endless!
ATTRIBUTES OF PLASTI DIP:
Protects coated items against moisture, acids, abrasion, corrosion, and skidding/slipping, and provides a comfortable, controlled grip
Remains flexible and stretchy over time
Will not crack or become brittle in extreme weather conditions
Proven in temperatures from -30°F to 200°F
Peelable and removable off of most surfaces
How To Use
How To Spray:
1. Surface must be clean and dry. For best results, avoid direct sunlight, high humidity, or breezy conditions.
2. Shake can vigorously for one full minute after mixing ball begins to rattle. Shake often while applying.
3. Hold can 6-10” from surface, moving can back and forth, slightly overlapping each stroke. Apply heavily enough to produce an even, wet appearance.
4. Allow 30 minutes’ minimum between coats. Apply as many coats as desired (3-7 average).
5. Allow 4 hours’ minimum dry time before use (overnight recommended). Coverage: Approximately 5-10 sq. ft. per can (1 coat). Generally 1 Can per wheel.
Always protect surrounding areas from over spray. Allow 4 hours per coat for complete dry. If runs or sags are experienced, move can further away from surface. To avoid clogged nozzle, turn can upside down and spray for 5 seconds. If clogged, remove nozzle and soak in naphtha or mineral spirits for 30 minutes. Do not stick pin or other objects into stem. Use naphtha, xylene (xylol), or toluene (toluol) for clean-up. To greatly increase non-skid properties, sprinkle a generous amount of grit onto wet surface of first coat. Apply at least two additional coats of Plasti Dip. For best results, use a pumice (crystalline silica) grit. Results may vary with other grit additives. When applied properly Plasti Dip can be removed from most surfaces, if desired.